LaGuardia Marriot Hotel,
Queens, New York City
August 28, 1999
2. Chairman's Opening Remarks
3. New Book on Mukoro Mowoe - Remarks by Isaac Mowoe
4. A Statement on the Background, Purpose, Strategies, and Elements of the URHOBO HISTORICAL SOCIETY by Peter Ekeh.
5. General Discussions on the Need and Feasibility of the URHOBO HISTORICAL SOCIETY.
6. Membership of URHOBO HISTORICAL SOCIETY
(a) Charter Membership7. Editorial and Management Committee - Internet-Based
(a) General Membership
(a) Protem Members who have been working on these matters: Peter Ekeh, Igho Natufe, Andrew Edevbie, Joseph Inikori, Elizabeth Ogbon, Aruegodore Oyiborhoro, Ona Pela.8. Duties and Responsibilities of the Editorial and Management Committee.
(b) Other Members. (As much as possible regions of North America should be represented. We also expect a substantial female representation.)
(a) Look after the affairs of the URHOBO HISTORICAL SOCIETY until it has a duly elected Executive.9. Chairman's Closing Remarks
(b) Incorporate the Society as URHOBO HISTORICAL SOCIETY.
(c) Establish and manage a web site to be called URHOBOWAADO.
(d) Organize an Annual General Meeting in a North American City in 2000.
(e) Make contacts with Urhobos in Europe and Nigeria for the purpose of establishing other chapters of the URHOBO HISTORICAL SOCIETY.
10. Closing Prayers.