URHOBO PROGRESS UNION, NORTH
URHOBO IN NORTH AMERICA TO RECOGNIZE PATRIOTS
During its upcoming 2001convention in Detroit, Michigan, on the US Labor Day weekend, the Urhobo Progress Union, North America (UPUNA), will recognize some Urhobo individuals and organizations that have contributed positively toward the quality of life of Urhobo people or have exemplified themselves in some other way. ALL Urhobo people, wherever they may reside, are encouraged to nominate any Urhobo person or organization at home or abroad for an award under any of the following categories:
1. URHOBO 'FIRST' AWARD: An Urhobo individual or organization that pioneered or has earned distinction in a certain field of human endeavor. This could be in a profession or academia.
2. HUMANITARIAN AWARD: An Urhobo individual or organization that, through financial or selfless and voluntary service, has contributed to the progress of Urhobo individuals, community or organization at home or abroad.
3. PATRIOTISM AWARD: An Urhobo individual or organization that, through service, has advanced the cause of the Urhobo nation as a whole. This could be through representing or actively standing up or speaking out on issues affecting the Urhobo people and nation.
Nominations must be typed or word-processed with the following format:
1. AWARD CATEGORY
2. NAME OF NOMINEE
3. ADDRESS OF NOMINEE
4. PHONE #
5. FAX #
6. E-MAIL ADDRESS
7. In about half a page, describe the achievement(s) of your nominee and why you think s/he/it deserves an award.
8. NOMINATOR'S NAME
9. NOMINATOR'S ADDRESS
10. NOMINATOR'S PHONE #
11. NOMINATOR'S FAX #
12. NOMINATOR'S E-MAIL ADDRESS.
Please send nominations to:
The Vice President-General, UPUNA,
19926 Fenton, Detroit, MI
or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also fax your nomination to the UPUNA Directorate of Publicity at the fax number below. Nominations must be postmarked no later than June 30, 2001.
The Directorate of Publicity
Urhobo Progress Union, North America
P. O. Box 431663
Pontiac, MI 48343, USA
Phone: 248-332-4184; Fax: 248-332-3329;
May 6, 2001.